#Polypropylene (PP) absorbent hygiene market
Polypropylene (PP) absorbent hygiene materials are lightweight, tough, reusable, and flexible. The use of the product in diapers makes them more absorbent and comfortable for infants. As compared to fabric alternatives, the PP is more hygienic and does not require laundering. The inner lining of these diapers can be laced with vitamin E and aloe, to prevent rashes and skin irritation.
There are millions of babies born every year of which, many are born premature. Around 2% of those premature babies or preemies weigh less than 2 pounds and are placed in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Preemie babies are smaller than the average baby, and require extra care. Diapers are a unique problem for these babies as the average sized diapers are quiet large for their tiny bodies. Kimberly- Clark has worked with neonatal therapists and NICU nurses and has come up with Huggies Little Snugglers Diapers, designed especially for these special little babies.
These diapers come in 7 distinct sizes according to the baby’s weight, starting from 1-5 pounds. These diapers are made with breathable and super-absorbent material to reduce wetness against the baby’s skin. A narrow crotch gives the baby an optimal fit and encourages healthy growth and development. Its soft and overlapping fasteners provide a gentle elasticity to the diaper giving more comfort and flexibility to the baby’s abdomen.
The Little Snugglers Diapers are made using fragrance & lotion free, hypoallergenic, and free from latex rubber materials. They also come with a unique color-changing wetness indicator that tells you know when the baby’s diaper needs to be changed. The diaper also has an umbilical cord cut-out to protect the baby’s healing belly button.
Polypropylene along with other polymers is used in absorbent padding, waistband, side liners, leg elastic, and fastening systems. It protects against leakage while providing the baby with a snug and a gentle fit. The diapers are available in adorable Disney cartoon graphics of Winnie the Pooh and friends that provide new moms with a sense of normalcy in a clinical environment.
The global polypropylene (PP) absorbent hygiene market is predicted to exceed USD 17 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing birth rate and geriatric population will boost the market over the coming years. Moreover, awareness regarding female sanitation products will also support market growth.
Kimberly-Clark, SAAF, Gulsan Holding, and Mada, are major companies competing in the PP absorbent hygiene market. They participated in products diversification and mergers & acquisitions to impel their position in the global market.
In-Depth Research Report on Polypropylene (PP) Absorbent Hygiene Market:
The global polypropylene (PP) absorbent hygiene market is expected to reach USD 17.03 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing hygiene awareness among consumers regarding the utility of diapers and rising infant population across the globe is expected to remain a key driving factor for global PP absorbent hygiene market over the forecast period. The growing geriatric population base in the U.S., Japan, and Europe has created demand for adult incontinence products.
Replacement of synthetic raw materials with bio-based substitutes are anticipated to create new avenues for industry participants. Bio-based polypropylene polymers help in preventing skin rashes among babies, keeping them dry. However, prolonged exposure to polypropylene absorbent products may cause respiratory tract problems, eye irritation, skin problems and neurological problems. Several R&D initiatives are being taken by the market player to improvise their product portfolio in the polypropylene absorbent hygiene industry.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Global polypropylene (PP) absorbent hygiene market demand was 3.22 million tons in 2014 and is expected to reach 5.75 million tons by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 7.6% from 2015 to 2022
- The spunbond technological process emerged as the leading technology used and accounted for over 45% of total market in 2014. This technology is considered economical in comparison to its counterparts.
- Baby diapers were the most dominant application segment and accounted for over 35% of total market volume in 2014. Increasing birth rates in Asia Pacific is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific was the leading regional market with a demand exceeding 35% of the total market in 2014. Shifting consumer buying trends coupled with growing urbanization and increasing disposable income among consumers in India, China, Indonesia and Vietnam is expected to drive the regional market over the forecast period.
- Growth in developed economies of Europe and North America is expected to be driven primarily due to increasing geriatric population. Urinary incontinence has been a major problem among aging population which leads to pressure sores and skin irritation.
- Major polypropylene absorbent hygiene market participants include Kimberly Cark, Mitsui, Fibertex, Mada, Pegas Nonwovens, Jofo and Polymers Group Inc. Companies adopt a low-cost strategy to attract customers and gain market share. R&D initiatives to develop superior products play a critical role in penetrating the market.