Semiconductors & Electronics
The global Automotive Semiconductors Market is set on a steady growth track following the triple connectivity trends of vehicular automation, connectivity, and electrification. The areas of automotive electronics, powertrain, safety, communication electronics, and driver assistance are expected to witness elevated demand over the forecast period. Automotive semiconductors are expected to be the focal elements for vehicle manufacturers to differentiate their product and augment overall proficiency and vehicle performance. Achieving sophisticated performance levels and improved operating efficacies from the automobile has been the sole motive of automotive semiconductor technology. Semiconductor usage in automotive sector is developing predominantly owing to emissions legislations and rules, which dictate emissions extenuation in the engine and in exhaust after-treatment systems that need advance sensors for their operations.
The automotive semiconductors market is scattering in dynamic environs to virtually embrace every automated collaboration system in a vehicle. The automotive semiconductors application areas are foreseen to refurbish the mode of maneuvering sophisticated automotive processes. One of the key factors contributing to the growth of automotive semiconductors industry is surging emphasis on adoption of environment-friendly alternative fuel vehicles such as hybrid electric automobiles. Surging demand for automotive infotainment systems is expected to drive the demand of market under focus. Firm enhancements in chassis & safety features along with powertrain & convenience facilities are anticipated to derive the demand of semiconductor equipment in automobiles. Furthermore, surging emphasis on green technology, policies imposing greater perilous safety arrangements in cars such as lane departure warning, airbags, agile automotive proposals for more efficacy, directives for efficient route-finding, and communication systems are foreseen to drive automotive semiconductors market.
High initial financial investment to acquire sophisticated systems in the automobile, certain degree of sound technical expertise, high component replacement costs, and automobile maintenance are expected to emerge as major restraints to hinder the automotive semiconductors industry over next seven years.
The global automotive semiconductor market is foreseen to prosper owing to the growing use of navigation and infotainment equipment in automobiles.
The reduced profit margin triggered by pricing pressures, decreased demand for eight-bit and 16-bit micro-controller chips, selective demand for semiconductor with integrated functionality, and coordination with work procedures of automotive manufacturers are foreseen to hamper the automotive semiconductors market growth over the forecast period.
The automotive semiconductors market can be segregated on the basis of applications into powertrains, chassis control & body electronics, driver assistance systems, infotainment systems, and aftermarket locomotive semiconductor paraphernalia. Based on product type, the automotive semiconductors market can be segmented into discretes, optoelectronics, sensors, analog devices, logic devices, microcontrollers, microchips & memory, and Digital Signal Processors (DSPs).
The automotive semiconductors market is anticipated to witness a high growth as the technology initiates integration with multiple automotive control systems and adjacent arcades. The automotive semiconductors industry is expected to grow by striving to mend liquidity by plummeting fundamental costs in response to tighter credit situations.
The North American and the European markets are anticipated to report substantial growth in the automotive semiconductor applications industry due to increasing government concerns regarding public safety & security along with environmental safety. The Middle East and African markets would mature over the forecast period following a shift in focus towards energy-efficient mode of transport. Asia Pacific and China regions are expected to witness market traction rate at a normal distribution growth rate in terms of revenue owing to limited adoptability of sophisticated automobiles by these markets.
Learn more Full Market Insight Details here: Automotive Semiconductors Market Report
The global Tunable Lasers Market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to increasing network traffic and surging bandwidth demand. This may be attributed to growing market trends such as cloud computing, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Voice On Demand (VOD) and data centers. Tunable lasers ease addition or deletion of bandwidth by remote control, thereby encouraging varied on-demand services, further fueling tunable lasers market growth.
High smartphone penetration and social networking has created huge requirement for network capacity, which is further anticipated to spur the need to meet network expansion demand through usage of tunable lasers. Surging manufacturers’ need for transmitters in metro networking markets are expected to increase tunable lasers demand in the near future. Further, invaluable factors such as flexible tuning options, cost control, competitive advantage, and implementation speed for metro network carriers are anticipated to fuel tunable laser market demand extensively.
Highly lucrative opportunity in fiber optic components market including tunable lasers is expected to propel tunable laser market demand owing to increase in capacity through dynamic configurability. The global tunable lasers market is expected to develop and expand over the next few years owing to factors such as continuous technology innovation, decelerating product prices, player consolidations, and intense competition. Surging demand across diverse range of applications such as photochemistry, spectroscopy, optical communications, and atomic vapor laser isotope separation is a key force that is expected to drive global tunable lasers market growth.
A tunable laser’s wavelength of operation can be altered in a controlled manner serving wide range of applications. Tuning is possible over a few hundreds of nanometers, when coupled with the right filter. It can be used for basic absorption and photoluminescence study. Further, it helps in mapping External Quantum Efficiency (EQE) of a device by adapting to solar cells characterization. The tunable lasers market is apprehended to witness significant growth in the next few years owing to aforementioned benefits.
Widespread usage of tunable lasers in photobiology, hyper spectral imaging, detector calibration, and spectroscopy (reflection & transmission) further fuels tunable lasers market demand. Extensive application of tunable lasers in medical segments including therapeutic and diagnostic applications is expected to drive the tunable laser market significantly. Further, upsurge in demand for laser-based facial and skin rejuvenation treatments is expected to accelerate demand for CO2 lasers, which in turn drives the tunable laser market growth. Additionally, advancement in chemistry and nanotechnology inflates applications of optics in medical sector, which further pushes the boundaries for tunable lasers. Tunable lasers market demand is foreseen to surge due to its usage in hyper spectral imaging development to facilitate early retinal disease detection.
However, despite inherent applications and benefits, the tunable lasers market may be hampered by costs, reliability, and supply guarantees. Additionally, weak performance of earlier predecessors may pose a major threat to this market. Network providers are thus finding opportunities to deliver highly reliable and performable tunable laser solutions with prices not more than fixed wavelength lasers.
Tunable lasers widely used are categorized as gas, liquid, and solid and used as per their applications. The different types of tunable lasers widely used across medical and allied sectors are excimer lasers, dye lasers, CO2 lasers, transition metal solid-state lasers, free electron lasers, semiconductor crystal, and diode lasers.
Learn more Full Market Insight Details here: Tunable Lasers Market Report
The Semiconductor IP Market is poised for high growth over the forecast period owing to the need for improving business processes and organizational productivity. Increased adoption of multi-core technology, coupled with growing design complexity in semiconductor ICs and System on Chip (SoC) is expected to drive the semiconductor IP market. Market participants actively outsource the IP design and development activities that are not core to their product differentiation. Growing trend towards adopting the services of third-party IP vendors and increased IP blocks’ licensing by industry participants are expected to play a pivotal role in the semiconductor IP industry growth.
Semiconductor IP cores are used in diverse application segments such as networking technologies, telecom infrastructure, mobiles & tablets, and computer & peripherals to save crucial design time and expenditure. In addition, these IP cores have penetrated into new application sectors including medical, industrial, defense, automotive, and aerospace to address increasing dependency on sophisticated and complex electronic systems. IP is critical in improving design productivity for advanced level design processes and thereby has considerable potential in the semiconductor market.
North America and Europe are expected to emerge as key revenue generating regions. Asia Pacific is expected to witness high growth, which can be attributed to increased electronics and semiconductor manufacturing in the region.
Proliferation of mobiles and tablets is expected to open up new growth opportunities for the semiconductor IP industry on account of growing demand for dual-core and quad-core processors . The advent of octa-core processors for smart phones is expected to offer new avenues for the global semiconductor IP market.
Learn more Full Market Insight Details here: Semiconductor IP Market Report
The Global Compressed Air Treatment Equipment Market is expected to reach USD 8.59 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Surging demand for compressed air treatment equipment across a vast array of applications is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period. Compressed air systems are used by a large percentage of manufacturers on a global scale, which has necessitated treatment equipment installation so as to meet air quality standards suited for the target applications, and is also expected to spur market growth over the forecast period.
Several regulatory mandates and standards have been formulated to support production and utilization of clean air, which is expected to significantly contribute to the industry growth. However, delivering compressed air to manufacturing facilities requires equipment that is expensive, needs frequent maintenance and consumes significant amount of energy, which may pose a challenge to compressed air treatment equipment market growth over the forecast period. Technological proliferation and development of more energy efficient equipment across several applications provides avenues for market growth.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Dryers emerged as the most dominant product segment in 2013, and accounted for over 40% of the compressed air treatment equipment market in the same year. Dryers form a crucial component any compressed air equipment as they help remove moisture or water droplets effectively. Adsorber filters are also expected to witness significant growth over the next few years, which can be attributed its ability to easily remove any chemicals or gases within the compressed air.
- Process air is expected to remain a sizable application segment over the forecast period. This can be primarily attributed to the increased demand of compressed air treatment equipment across the food & beverage and pharmaceutical industry that require clean, oil-free, dry and sterile compressed air.
- North America emerged as the largest regional market in 2013, closely followed by Asia Pacific. North America accounted for over 30% of the global compressed air treatment equipment market in the same year. Presence of several manufacturing facilities is expected to fuel the regional market growth over the next six years.
- Key market players include Donaldson Company Inc, Atlas Copco Corp, Ingersoll-Rand, Gardner Denver Inc, Van Air Inc., Kaeser Compressors and Parker Hannifin Manufacturing Limited. Development of technologically advanced and cost-effective compressed air treatment equipment is expected to be a critical success factor for companies operating in this market.
Learn more Full Market Insight Details here: Compressed Air Treatment Equipment Market Report
The global Wafer Cleaning Equipment Market is expected to grow at a CAGR over 15.0% over the forecast period. Components such as MEMS, PCBs, memory devices, ICs, and semiconductor wafers are the basic building blocks of any electronic device. The performance of the electronic device mainly depends on the performance of separate components. Moreover, as these components are relatively small, impurities affect their reliability and performance in a great way. Microelectronics cleaning plays an essential role in the efficient working of any electronic device which is expected to augment growth in demand from the semiconductor industry over the forecast period.
Wafer cleaning has become one of the most critical operations in the fabrication of semiconductor devices especially advanced ULSI silicon circuits. The preparation of ultraclean silicon surfaces by surface conditioning for the manufacturing of IC’s has undergone significant changes over the past years. The driving factors for these changes have been the ever increasing requirement for producing advanced silicon devices with improved performance, reliability, and cost. Understanding of surface contamination & defects and the role of particle adhesion, deposition, measurement, & removal is expected to propel advancement in technologies over the next few years, thus facilitating product utilization.
The significance of substrate surface cleaning in the fabrication process has been recognized since the beginning of solid state device technology. The occurrence of impurities and chemical contaminants profoundly affect the efficiency, performance, yield, and reliability of the semiconductor device, thus leading to increased utilization of microelectronic cleaning equipment in the industry.
Wafer cleaning allows removal of particle and chemical contamination from the surface of the semiconductor without causing any significant damage to the substrate layer. Numerous processes including plasma, dry-physical, wet-chemical, vapor phase and supercritical fluid methods are used to fulfill this objective, thus resulting in prevention of roughness, and corrosion on the surface. An extensive array of equipment is available for implementing various processes for integrated circuit manufacturing applications.
Microelectronics cleaning equipment are used to clean write/read heads of HD drives, printed circuit boards, photomasks, MEMS, silicon wafers, flat panel displays, and compound semiconductor device components. Integrated circuits fabrication industry is one of the primary users, wherein majority of the manufacturing processes require wafer cleaning.
Microelectronic cleaning requires various technologies to neutralize and remove the effect of contamination and defects on the components. It includes supercritical fluid, cryogenic aerosol, aqueous, dry, and wet chemical cleaning. These techniques can be used in equipment that process wafers in groups, called batch wafer, or individually, called single wafer cleaning.
The key drivers of the global wafer cleaning equipment market include growing demand for tablets and smartphones, shift to single-wafer processing, and growth in the semiconductor industry. The tremendous growth in the tablet and smartphone market has propelled the demand for semiconductor wafers, thus augmenting wafer cleaning equipment growth. The performance was driven integrated circuit market has enforced the evolution to single wafer processing, and this acts as an another significant driver.
Contamination on Surfaces exists as absorbed ions and elements, thin films, discrete particles, particulates, and absorbed gasses. Surface contaminant films and particles can be categorized as ionic materials, molecular compounds, and atomic species.
Learn more Full Market Insight Details here: Wafer Cleaning Equipment Market Report
The global Thermal Management Technologies Market size is expected to reach USD 20.14 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The industry is primarily driven by the growth in the emerging trend of miniaturization of electronic devices and components.
Developments in the electronics industry have culminated in a considerable surge in the power densities, which have led to the introduction of smaller, smarter products. These advancements in the industry have led to an increased need for innovative thermal management technologies as they improve the system performance and reliability by avoiding the heat generated by the devices. The electronic packaging trend has increased the performance and reduced the size of the product. This has led to a significant increase in the power consumption of the system.
Advanced technological research is expected to produce more efficient and cost-effective thermal management solutions in the future. The key industry participants are extensively focusing on the development of optimized thermal management solutions that are cost-effective and are applicable across a range of end-use applications. However, the industry is anticipated to witness various issues associated with modularity in designing and reliability of modeling, which are presumed to challenge the growth over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Stringent regulations as defined by the Network Equipment Building Systems (NEBS) and the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) require telecommunication industry organizations to comply with certain thermal management industry standards
- Current cooling technologies, standard heat sinks, and fans are rapidly approaching their cooling capacity limit, and thermal management is becoming a critical step in enabling enhanced product functionality
- The thermal management software is anticipated to exhibit a significant growth in the near future owing to the increasing adoption of the software heat removal techniques and simulations to reduce moments of peak heat impact and reduce the risk of failure. The segment was valued a little over USD 700 million in 2015.
- The application of thermal management technologies in consumer electronics is expected to grow at a significant rate over the next eight years. The growth can be accredited to the emerging electronic packaging trend to reduce the size of electronic components and increase the performance of consumer electronic products, leading to the growth in the power consumption of the system.
- North America accounted for close to 35% of the global market share in 2015 and is expected to remain one of the key revenue-generating regions over the forecast period. The steady escalation in the use of heat dissipation solutions in organizations is projected to impact the regional industry growth favorably.
Learn more Full Market Insight Details here: Thermal Management Technologies Market Report
The global High Purity Alumina Market is expected to reach USD 6.41 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Substantial demand for the product in plasma displays as it is a cost-effective and an energy efficient substitute for traditional materials including incandescent light bulbs is expected to drive demand. Moreover, growing demand for plasma displays is projected to propel the growth of the market over the forecast period. High purity alumina is an essential base material for artificial sapphire substrates, which are used in numerous electronics.
Growing demand for high purity alumina in niche applications including medical, precision optics and defense is expected to drive demand over the forecast period. Moreover, increasing adoption of LED screen as they provide high-definition images is projected to boost demand for alumina products over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- 4N high purity alumina is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 18.0% from 2016 to 2024. The increasing use of the product in ceramics, smartphones, and batteries on account of its superior electrical insulation, low moisture absorption, and improved thermal conductivity is expected to drive the demand. The product is being widely used to coat ceramic separators in lithium ion batteries.
- Rising demand for lithium ion batteries owing to growth in Electric Vehicle (EV) and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV) is expected to drive the market demand for high purity alumina over the forecast period.
- Sapphire production accounted for over 12.5% of high purity alumina consumption in 2015. Growing investments in sapphire glass production on account of its increasing requirement across a wide array of applications including smartphones, tablets, LEDs and semiconductors is expected to open new opportunities over the forecast period.
- North America high purity alumina demand was 4.31 kilo tons in 2015. The material is being increasingly used in plasma displays as it helps in reducing the overall dimensions of the final product by making it lighter and thinner. A boom in utilities rebate on account of using LED retrofits is expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
- Significant demand for the material from the LED industry owing to growing use of energy efficient lighting in emerging economies including China and India coupled with rising government initiatives to increase the market share of LED lamps and minimize the use of incandescent lamps is projected to augment growth. Abundant raw material availability coupled with adequate manufacturing capabilities has led to relatively lowering production costs.
- Nippon Light Metal is a key market player which manufactures high purity alumina, aluminum metal alloys, industrial parts, metal rolls, capacitor foils and heat exchangers. Baikowski Pure Solutions is involved in producing high purity alumina powders and other fine composites & oxides including YAG, ZTA, ceria, and Spinel. The company has its manufacturing facilities located in Japan, U.S., and France.
Learn more Full Market Insight Details here: High Purity Alumina Market Report