Glass, Ceramics and Fibers
Insulated glass (IG) is a special glass made of two or three glass panes which are separated by dry air. It is measured in insulated glass units (IGUs). It is also known as double glazing. It is available in varying levels of thickness. The extra glass panes aid in regulating heat levels within homes and non-residential buildings. Its applications include doors, skylights, windows, and others. Energy efficient buildings which cab drive down energy costs by using IG is driving the insulating glass market.
Low-emissivity (low-E) insulated glass can reduce heat levels within the room. They are usually treated with low-E coatings. Windows or doors with low-E coatings can transfer heat among themselves. This allows it to regulate the temperature within the room according to the environment outside. They are approximately 15% more expensive than regular windows but save nearly 50% in energy bills. They are currently being incorporated in old buildings in Europe on account of rising energy expenses.
Double insulated low-E glass can retain twice the heat of a regular window, while triple insulated low-E glass can retain three times the energy. The European Union (EU) can utilize IG technology in all its retro buildings to meet its energy target. It aims to negate nearly 97 million tons of CO2 by 2020. Dwindling reserves of fossil fuels will prompt the EU to look towards IG as a viable option. Pilkington Optitherm™ S1 Plus is a product by NSG (Nippon Sheet Glass) which can reduce heat levels within the room.
The global insulating glass market can attain more than USD 4 billion by 2025, according to Grand View Research, Inc. Use of energy-efficient materials in the construction of residential and commercial buildings will favor market growth. Non-residential construction was the largest market application in 2015. It is estimated to grow at 8% CAGR from 2016 to 2024. Residential construction is touted to grow at a significant rate on account of residential homes being built in developing countries.
Asia Pacific captured more than 40% market shares in 2015. It had accounted for USD 846.1 million in the same year. The high regional growth can be attributed to the varied climates in China and Japan. Regional market demand can pick up due to interest in Thailand, Indonesia, and India. Europe will experience a sluggish growth rate from 2015 to 2025 (forecast period). Some prominent players of the insulating glass market are Saint-Gobain S.A.; NSG (Pilkington); and Viracon, Inc.
The global gas turbine market size is expected to reach USD 30.08 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing availability of natural gas for power generation, expanding oil & gas industry, awareness regarding flexible resources for energy production based on renewable energy sources are some of the key factors expected to play a significant role in propelling the global demand.
Even though the demand for natural gas as a fuel for new capacity additions is fast catching up, its limited availability is expected to pose a significant challenge. Geopolitical issues are another major factor, which is likely to affect the natural gas supply.
Turbines with capacity ≤200 MW are likely to maintain the highest market share due to rising demand for flexible power generating units and rapidly growing oil & gas industry. Easily available financing prospects for small power plants are another factor supporting the growth of low capacity turbines.
The market is consolidated with top five market players accounting for over 65% market share. Being a mature market, market participants focus on post-sales services to remain competitive. Mergers and acquisition is a key strategy implemented. One such example is the acquisition of Alstom’s power and grid business by GE.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global gas turbine market demand was over 60,000MW in 2015 and is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 4.3% from 2016 to 2025
- Power generation was the largest application segment in 2015 and is likely to continue the trend during the forecast period
- Due to Fukushima nuclear disaster, Japanese government is now focusing on R&D for combined cycle power plant
- Iraq government tied up with General Electric to set up 3,000MW gas power plant
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% in terms of revenue over the forecast period and is expected to be the fastest growing region
- Europe is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 4.9% in terms of revenue from 2016 to 2025
- Major players operating in the global gas turbine market include General Electric Company, Siemens AG, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd., Ansaldo Energia S.P.A., Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, Opra Turbines B.V., Solar Turbines Incorporated, etc.
Global carbon fiber demand in 2013 was 46,500 tons and was valued at over USD 1.7 billion. The market is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of over 10% over the forecast period. Increasing demand for lightweight and high-strength components from various end-use industries is expected to drive the global carbon fiber market over the next seven years.
The market has observed a steady growth since global economic recession in 2009. Carbon fiber demand grew up from 26,500 tons in 2009 to 46,500 tons in 2013 growing at an average growth rate of around 15% over the forecast period. This demand corresponded to USD 1.7 billion in 2013.
This huge growth has led to a dramatic capacity expansion by leading manufacturers to cope up with increasing demand. However, lower economic growth rates have adversely affected carbon fiber demand. Lower demand growth than expected has created a huge surplus production capacity. In 2013, excess capacity of over 40% was reported for carbon fiber based on polyacrylonitrile.
Growing concern for automotive and fuel efficiency along with stringent regulations regarding vehicular pollution has increased the need for lightweight vehicles. Carbon fiber and its composites are primarily used to reduce vehicular curb weight without compromising with the strength.
Increasing carbon fiber composites demand from aerospace industry is also expected to fuel market growth over the forecast period. In aerospace industry, material weight and strength plays a crucial role. Need for lightweight aircrafts from defense as well as commercial sectors to increase fuel efficiency and overall performance.
High raw material conversion cost leads to higher prices for carbon fibers. In spite of extraordinary benefits offered by carbon fiber, its high cost has restrained its penetration into various application segments. High prices have so far limited their use to high-performance applications such as jet fighters, spacecraft, race cars, racing yachts, exotic sports cars, and notably, the latest Airbus and Boeing airliners.
For more information on “Carbon Fiber Market Analysis” Visit: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/carbon-fiber-market-analysis
Automotive segment is also becoming increasingly important with demand increasing rapidly over the forecast period. This segment accounted for over 10% of the global demand in 2013. Growing demand for lightweight high-performance materials from automotive industry to improve fuel efficiency in the U.S. and Europe is expected to remain a key driving factor for this segment over the forecast period.
The market is segmented on the basis of raw material as polyacrylonitrile (PAN)-based and pitch-based. PAN-based fibers dominated the market on account of their superior properties. PAN-based material accounted for over 85% of total volume in 2013.
North America dominated the global carbon fiber market and it is expected to retain its dominance over the forecast period. Stringent environmental regulations to reduce reliance on fuel by improving efficiency have prompted demand for high-performance lightweight materials in the region. North America is followed by Europe. Europe is expected to be the fastest growing market over the forecast period.
Carbon fiber industry is witnessing overcapacity as a result of dramatic capacity expansion in the recent years. The global carbon fiber market is concentrated in the hands of ten leading fiber manufacturers, who controlled over 91% of the production capacity in 2013.
Request TOC of “Carbon Fiber Market Analysis” visit : http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/carbon-fiber-market-analysis/request-toc
The global composites market is expected to reach USD 130.84 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for composites in various applications including transportation, aerospace & defense, electrical & electronics, wind energy, construction & infrastructure, pipes & tanks, and marine is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period. The development of these end-user application segments is projected to fuel the industry expansion further.
Electrical & electronics accounted for 16.4% of the global volume market share in 2015. These materials are being increasingly used in electrical & electronics owing to their high arc resistance properties and dielectric strength. Growing demand for electronic gadgets, particularly wearable electronics, is expected to augment growth.
Transportation was the largest application of composites and is projected to witness significant gains at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2016 to 2024. The increase in road networks, especially in Asia Pacific, is expected to result in stimulating the growth of the market over the forecast period.
U.S. composites market revenue by application, 2013-2024, (USD Billion)
View summary of “Composites Market Analysis Report” @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/composites-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The glass fiber market was estimated at USD 41.88 billion in 2015 and is projected to dominate the global composites market over the forecast period. Owing to its weather-resistant, surface texture varieties and lightweight properties, the global market for GFRP is projected to account for the largest share. Key market players are investing in the production of glass fibers especially in emerging countries such as India, Brazil and China owing to the growing demand from various application industries such as automotive, aerospace & defense, wind energy, and transportation.
- North America is expected to witness a significant growth at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2016 to 2024 in terms of value. The automotive industry in this region has witnessed a significant growth in the recent years in terms of profitability and growth which has attributed to increasing the production of the auto sector. Furthermore, growing production of light commercial vehicles is expected to propel the growth of composites market over the forecast period.
- Carbon fiber composites segment is supposed to create an avenue in the automotive industry owing to the high-value application and technological advancements. The segment accounted for 34.3% of the global market size in 2015. The major composites manufacturers are emphasizing on the expansion of production capacities and R&D activities to reduce the cost of CFRP.
- Key industry players include Owens Corning, Toray Industries Inc., TenCate NV, SGL Carbon, Cytec Industries, Compagnie De Saint-Gobain, and Jushi Group Co. Ltd. These companies are focused on R&D activities to launch innovative products to strengthen their composites product portfolio and enhance their market presence.
Request for free sample of “Composites Market Analysis Report” @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/composites-market/request
The global advanced ceramics market is expected to reach USD 134.58 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising product demand in numerous end-use industries on account of their longer life span, cost effectiveness as opposed to their conventional counterparts is expected to have a positive impact on the market over the next eight years.
Rising automobile demand among consumers on account of changing lifestyle and increasing disposable income is expected to fuel product need over the forecast period. In addition, the product has been substituting metals and plastics in high performance applications in the automotive sector which will propel industry growth over the projected period.
Advanced ceramics have been gaining high acceptance among consumers over the past few years due to rising awareness regarding their benefits such as high tensile strength, biodegradability and durability. Rising environmental concerns are expected to further fuel product demand over the next eight years.
U.S. advanced ceremics market revenue, by application, 2013 – 2024 (USD Million)
View summary of “Advanced Ceramics Market Analysis Report” @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/advanced-ceramics-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Global advanced ceramics market value was USD 56.70 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 134.58 billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 10.2% from 2016 to 2024
- Titanate ceramics are expected to be the fastest growing material segment at a CAGR over 11.5% from 2015 to 2024 in terms of revenue on account of their increasing use as capacitors. Rising need for energy storage globally is expected to boost product demand
- Monolithic ceramic market was estimated at over USD 45 billion in 2015. The product is employed in various lining and insulation applications as they can withstand extremely high temperatures, and are resistant to abrasion as well as thermal shock. These factors are expected to positively impact industry growth over the forecast period.
- Bioceramics application segment was valued at over USD 2 billion in 2015. It is expected to be the fastest growing segment on account of its increasing use in hip and joint replacements
- Medical sector was estimated at over 6 billion in 2015. Rising demand from this industry for various applications such as tissue & bone replacements, and dental implants is expected to propel product demand over the next eight years.
- North America was the second largest market and is expected to grow at a CAGR over 9.5% from 2016 to 2024 in terms of revenue. Strict environmental regulations have led to increased product use as it aids in pollution control. In addition, stringent emission standards in Europe and North America are expected to provide growth opportunities for ceramic filters over the next eight years.
- In November 2015, Oerlikon signed an agreement to acquire the advanced ceramics business of Laser Cladding Services, LLC. In July 2015, Morgan Advanced Materials invested in the semiconductor market. to optimize its manufacturing capabilities
Request for free sample of “Advanced Ceramics Market Analysis Report” @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/advanced-ceramics-market/request
The global insulation market is expected to reach USD 93.34 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising importance of energy efficient buildings owing to escalating energy costs is expected to remain a key driving factor for global insulation market.
Legislative frameworks such as new building codes by the European Union, energy efficiency improvement program by U.S. DoE, etc. are also considered to stimulate the market growth. Increasing construction spending, particularly in Asia Pacific and the Middle East, is also expected to have a positive influence on the market growth. Volatile prices of key raw materials are expected to challenge market profitability.
Foamed plastic was the leading product segment with demand share exceeding 45% in 2015. Favorable properties of the material, such as higher R-value (thermal resistance) and fire resistance are expected to propel the foamed plastic demand over the forecast period. Increasing demand from construction, as well as refrigeration industry, will have a considerable impact on the market growth. The segment is also expected to witness the highest growth of 8.9% from 2016 to 2024.
U.S. insulation market revenue by product, 2014 – 2024 (USD Million)
View summary of “Insulation Market Analysis Report” @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/insulation-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Residential construction emerged as the leading application segment and accounted for 39.1% of total market revenue in 2015. Increasing construction spending in Asia Pacific, along with stringent regulations pertaining to the energy efficiency of households in North America and Europe is expected to spur the market growth.
- Nonresidential construction is expected to witness the highest growth of 9.1% over the forecast period. Increasing shopping malls, commercial complexes in Asia Pacific and the Middle East is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific led the global insulation industry with demand share estimated at 42.4% in 2015. Rapid industrialization along with construction growth on account of rising income levels has spurred the insulation products demand in this region. Asia Pacific is also expected to witness the highest growth of 9.4% over the forecast period. North America and European insulation industry will mainly be triggered by the recent regulations supporting energy efficient buildings.
- The market is highly competitive and due to its capital intensive nature, the market is expected to have high barriers to entry. The global market is characterized by the presence of multinational players having a presence across the value chain. Key market players include Saint-Gobain, Rockwool, Johns Manville, Knauf, Huntsman Corporation, GAF Materials Corporation, Johns-Manville Corporation, etc.
Request for free sample of “Insulation Market Analysis Report” @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/insulation-market/request
The global sports composites market is expected to be valued at USD 4.58 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to exhibit significant growth owing to increasing demand for high-performance materials for manufacturing lightweight as well rigid sporting goods.
Growing replacement of traditional steel with light weight carbon fiber in golf clubs due to increased carry distance is expected to drive the market over the forecast period. Furthermore, increasing investment by manufacturers for the development of durable composites in manufacturing sports equipment is expected to bolster growth.
Carbon fiber is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period due to its increasing use for manufacturing sports goods such as hockey sticks and rackets. Superior properties such as high tensile strength, impact absorption, durability, and weight reduction of the equipment offered by these materials are likely to drive demand over the projected period.
Epoxy based composites are expected to be the fastest growing resin segment in the market owing to its heat resistant properties which facilitate its use in rackets and snowboards manufacturing. Epoxy resins are widely used along with carbon fiber for manufacturing skis, rackets, and bicycle parts.
Germany sports composites market revenue, by material, 2013 – 2024 (USD Million)
View summary of “Sports Composites Market Analysis Report” @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/sports-composites-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Golf clubs was the largest application for the market accounting for over 38.0% of the revenue share in 2015. Rising popularity of the sport as a leisure pursuit coupled with affordable and easy access to new golf courses is likely to propel demand over the forecast period.
- Glass fiber composites are expected to witness significant growth owing to its rising demand for skis and snowboards application. Better strength, lower friction and superior performance in salty seawater conditions are the key factors driving the market demand. Furthermore, increasing demand of skis & snowboards due to growing adoption of water sports is expected to have a positive impact on the industry growth over the next eight years.
- Carbon composites are expected to account for a significant share and are likely to grow at a CAGR of over 6.0% from 2016 to 2024 owing to their rising demand for manufacturing bicycle frames, surfboards, and skis. Moreover, decreasing prices, increased durability and weight reduction offered by these products are likely to drive demand.
- Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at a CAGR of more than 6.0% from 2016 to 2024 owing to growing popularity of various sports including tennis, badminton and golf. Rapid industrialization coupled with low labor cost and easy availability of raw materials in the region is anticipated to drive the industry growth over the forecast period.
- The industry in Germany is expected to reach over USD 297 million by 2024 due to increased adoption of carbon and glass composite materials for manufacturing premium sports goods such as bicycles and polo sticks. The presence of key sporting goods manufacturers in the region including Adidas Group and Puma are likely to open new avenues for the product market over the next eight years.
- Key players in the industry include Aldila Inc., Jarden Composites, ProKennex, Amer Sports, Fischer Sports GmbH, Rossignol, and Topkey Corporation. Some of the raw material suppliers profiled are Toray Industries Inc., E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Hexion Inc., and SGL Group.
Request for free sample of “Sports Composites Market Analysis Report” @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/sports-composites-market/request