The global Thermal Management Technologies Market size is expected to reach USD 20.14 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The industry is primarily driven by the growth in the emerging trend of miniaturization of electronic devices and components.
Developments in the electronics industry have culminated in a considerable surge in the power densities, which have led to the introduction of smaller, smarter products. These advancements in the industry have led to an increased need for innovative thermal management technologies as they improve the system performance and reliability by avoiding the heat generated by the devices. The electronic packaging trend has increased the performance and reduced the size of the product. This has led to a significant increase in the power consumption of the system.
Advanced technological research is expected to produce more efficient and cost-effective thermal management solutions in the future. The key industry participants are extensively focusing on the development of optimized thermal management solutions that are cost-effective and are applicable across a range of end-use applications. However, the industry is anticipated to witness various issues associated with modularity in designing and reliability of modeling, which are presumed to challenge the growth over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Stringent regulations as defined by the Network Equipment Building Systems (NEBS) and the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) require telecommunication industry organizations to comply with certain thermal management industry standards
- Current cooling technologies, standard heat sinks, and fans are rapidly approaching their cooling capacity limit, and thermal management is becoming a critical step in enabling enhanced product functionality
- The thermal management software is anticipated to exhibit a significant growth in the near future owing to the increasing adoption of the software heat removal techniques and simulations to reduce moments of peak heat impact and reduce the risk of failure. The segment was valued a little over USD 700 million in 2015.
- The application of thermal management technologies in consumer electronics is expected to grow at a significant rate over the next eight years. The growth can be accredited to the emerging electronic packaging trend to reduce the size of electronic components and increase the performance of consumer electronic products, leading to the growth in the power consumption of the system.
- North America accounted for close to 35% of the global market share in 2015 and is expected to remain one of the key revenue-generating regions over the forecast period. The steady escalation in the use of heat dissipation solutions in organizations is projected to impact the regional industry growth favorably.
Learn more Full Market Insight Details here: Thermal Management Technologies Market Report
The global High Purity Alumina Market is expected to reach USD 6.41 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Substantial demand for the product in plasma displays as it is a cost-effective and an energy efficient substitute for traditional materials including incandescent light bulbs is expected to drive demand. Moreover, growing demand for plasma displays is projected to propel the growth of the market over the forecast period. High purity alumina is an essential base material for artificial sapphire substrates, which are used in numerous electronics.
Growing demand for high purity alumina in niche applications including medical, precision optics and defense is expected to drive demand over the forecast period. Moreover, increasing adoption of LED screen as they provide high-definition images is projected to boost demand for alumina products over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- 4N high purity alumina is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 18.0% from 2016 to 2024. The increasing use of the product in ceramics, smartphones, and batteries on account of its superior electrical insulation, low moisture absorption, and improved thermal conductivity is expected to drive the demand. The product is being widely used to coat ceramic separators in lithium ion batteries.
- Rising demand for lithium ion batteries owing to growth in Electric Vehicle (EV) and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV) is expected to drive the market demand for high purity alumina over the forecast period.
- Sapphire production accounted for over 12.5% of high purity alumina consumption in 2015. Growing investments in sapphire glass production on account of its increasing requirement across a wide array of applications including smartphones, tablets, LEDs and semiconductors is expected to open new opportunities over the forecast period.
- North America high purity alumina demand was 4.31 kilo tons in 2015. The material is being increasingly used in plasma displays as it helps in reducing the overall dimensions of the final product by making it lighter and thinner. A boom in utilities rebate on account of using LED retrofits is expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
- Significant demand for the material from the LED industry owing to growing use of energy efficient lighting in emerging economies including China and India coupled with rising government initiatives to increase the market share of LED lamps and minimize the use of incandescent lamps is projected to augment growth. Abundant raw material availability coupled with adequate manufacturing capabilities has led to relatively lowering production costs.
- Nippon Light Metal is a key market player which manufactures high purity alumina, aluminum metal alloys, industrial parts, metal rolls, capacitor foils and heat exchangers. Baikowski Pure Solutions is involved in producing high purity alumina powders and other fine composites & oxides including YAG, ZTA, ceria, and Spinel. The company has its manufacturing facilities located in Japan, U.S., and France.
Learn more Full Market Insight Details here: High Purity Alumina Market Report
The global market for Mobile Casing And Structural Parts is expected to grow at a rapid pace over the next seven years. One of the key factors contributing to industry growth is the increasing adoption of mobile phone handsets. In addition, the industry has been witnessing personalization of mobile phones by customers. However, falling average selling price of mobile phones may pose a challenge to industry growth over the next seven years.
Mobile cases and structural parts are vital components of a mobile device. Cell phone manufacturers assign great importance to the casing, as it is one of the key unique selling points and helps in product differentiation. Consumers have been looking to personalize of their mobile phones through different phone cases over the last few years. Owing to this, mobile phone manufacturers have been investing a substantial amount in the design of phone casings and structural parts. Rising significance for new models in the global industry is expected to be a significant factor for industry growth over the next seven years.
Presently, the key trend witnessed in the Global mobile casing and structural parts market is growing importance toward mobile panel replacement market. Increasing penetration of cell phones in the market will further drive the panel replacement market over the next seven years, which in turn will propel industry growth. Drops in the selling prices of mobile phones are leading to cost-related and price negotiations concerns among manufacturers, which will hamper the revenue and profit margins, thus challenging industry growth over the next seven years.
Over the past few years, there has been a radical change in costumers buying behavior, on account of their continuously changing preferences in color, material, and style in mobile phones cases and structural parts. The inclination towards personalization of mobile devices has enhanced industry growth and trend is expected to continue over the next seven years. Customers are progressively demanding for cell phones that look exclusive and compliment their personalities. Hence, personalization of mobile devices is a key trend which is anticipated to drive the global mobile phone casing and structural parts industry over the forecast period.
At present, several cell phone casing technologies are present which include Non Conductive Vacuum Metallization (NCVM), insert molding, and unibody. NCVM has three foremost advantages: first, it can decrease electromagnetic interference for mobile communications, increase signal strength and call clarity. Second, NCVM permits plastic surface to signify metallic texture which increases added value of products. Third, NCVM’s partial transparent feature enables the casing design. However, NCVM requires continuous magnetron sputtering devices and high-cost cleaning rooms, plus the associated manufacturing process needs lots of time to explore which may hamper industry growth over the next seven years.
One of the significant challenges the mobile casing and structural parts market is facing are the availability of counterfeit products. In recent past, several lookalike products have flooded the market, thus capturing market share of the leading vendors. As an outcome, there has been an extreme decline in the sales of original cases and structural parts which may challenge market development over the next seven years.
Stemming from Samsung’s Galaxy SII, insert molding integrates advantages of both metal structural and plastic casings parts. Plastic casings were low cost, and metal structural parts make mobile phones robust enough to resist bumping. Unibody integrated molding technology originates from Apple’s iPad. Presently, only HTC phones use the most expensive design. Now, only FOXCONN TECH and Taiwan’s Catcher Technologies offer abundant mobile phone casings made by this technology.
Geographically the global market for mobile casing and structural parts is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Asia, Europe and Latin America. North America is anticipated to command the highest market revenue and is also observing maximum growth rate followed by Asia Pacific and Europe. Market players invest heavily in R&D for innovation to attain high product differentiation and increased market presence. There has been increasing the number of market entrants offering products across all price categories. Existing manufacturers are increasingly concentrating on improving their network and distribution channel through several partnerships to cope with the rising competition from new vendors.
Learn more Full Market Insight Details here: Mobile Casing and Structural Parts Market Report
Expansion of manufacturing sector in emerging economies such as China, India and Brazil is expected to remain a key driving factor for promoting the market growth of intelligent motor control centers. Growth in power infrastructure of Middle East in light of increasing energy demand in household and oil & gas industry is expected to promote the usage of intelligent motor control centers. A robust infrastructure of mining sectors in China and Australia in light of the abundance of minerals along with regulatory support to promote investments at the domestic level is expected to increase the use of the product. Intelligent motor control centers are also used as the predictive maintenance tool for controlling the process flow in operations procedure. Growth in oil & gas sectors in the U.S. and Canada on account of upscaling production capacity of unconventional sources including shale gas is expected to have a positive impact.
Increasing acceptance for motorized automation across numerous industries including automotive, electronics and biotechnology in light of providing benefits such as reduction in idle time is expected to fuel the demand for the product. Intelligent motor control centers are capable of controlling the motors from a central location for all industrial applications such as oil & gas, cement, chemicals, construction, auto motives, power generation. These product forms have received attention in light of growing awareness towards motorized circuit controls (MCC) for offering diagnostic capabilities, loss detection, and predictive maintenance features.
Application growth of waste water treatment in manufacturing and municipal applications in light of rising awareness towards restricting the effluent pollution effect is expected to augment the usage of the motor control systems in aeration tanks. High level of investment cost incurred for the installation of motor control systems in developed economies including the U.S. and Germany is expected to remain a concerning factor. The manufacturers are likely to increase expenditure for the development of new products with low insolation cost and better user-friendly characteristics. Majority of the industry participants are likely to keep their production units near vicinity to countries of European Commission and North America in light of easy access of OEMs.
Manufacturers use the National Electrical Manufactures Association (NEMA) and International Electro-Technical Commission (IEC) standards to produce intelligent motor control centers. Under the category of International Electro-Technical Commission Standard, panel manufacturers design the product forms and integrate the creative components into their systems before their distribution. U.S. based Rockwell Automation sells MCC under the brand name, NEMA CENTERLINE 2100, which is highly durable and used for integrating process control and power. NEMA based product forms are majorly used in North America in light of high market awareness in the electronics automation industry of the U.S. and Canada.
Voltage segments the market into low and medium voltage motor control devices. On account of offering characteristics such as easy installation and high reliability, low energy product forms are increasingly used in chemical, petrochemical, steel and refrigeration applications.
North America is expected to remain one of the largest regions over the forecast period in light of increasing adoption of automation control systems in manufacturing sectors of the U.S. and Canada. Increasing utility expenditure in developed markets including Germany and France is expected to have an adverse impact on the market. Positive outlook towards manufacturing sectors in China and India in light of regulatory support to promote investments at domestic level is expected to play a crucial role in advancing the market growth.
Learn more Full Market Insight Details here: Intelligent Motor Control Centers Market Report
mPOS (Mobile Point of Sale) terminals are dedicated incorporated mobile equipment (tablets and smartphones) that work as electronic POS terminals. This dedicated mobile equipment can also be changed into compensation terminals through the use of dongles or sleeves. These are equipped with utilities such as Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), Wi-Fi, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Smartcard. Mobile POS terminals are additionally utilized to administer receive and send invoices, inventory/assets, dispatch digitizes notes, and takes signatures at respective counters. These abilities allow mPOS terminals to acknowledge payments even distantly by wireless applications. Technical Advancements in payment technologies coupled with the shift towards Euro pay/MasterCard/Visa) chip card reimbursement is expected to propel growth over the forecast period.
Some other drivers that are scheduled to drive expansion over the forecast period are increasing the requirement for wearable and portable devices coupled with their integration in the sales channel, increasing a quantity of NFC (Near field communication) supported the transaction and increasing adoption of an android point of sale devices and cloud-based devices. Another driver that is expected to propel growth over the forecast period is mPOS gives its users to offer loyalty options to their prospective customers. The other factors driving the expansion are varied and cover a broad scope of industries and geographies. In emerging markets, these terminals (mobile point of sale terminals) support financial inclusion. In addition, developed and emerging economies, this technology is a great line buster at retails and helps whole engagement. Multinational corporations with more than one thousand employees are more and more setting up the mobile point of sale (mPOS) technology, and many of the IT decision makers say that accept accommodating payments on mobile equipment and offering a real-time receipt is significantly important. It expands mPOS (mobile point of sale) well outside its micro-merchant roots to a wide range of merchants. Conventional processors have also turned out to be more diversified. These systems would not dislocate fixed point of sale terminals over the forecast period as mPOS is a complementary solution
By application, the market can be divided into entertainment, hospitality, healthcare, retail and inventory & warehousing which includes inventory management, bill payment & printing, and loyalty programs. Conventional SMB (Server Message Block) section is expected to generate maximum revenue over the forecast period. The hospitality sector is expected to grow at a very fast rate over the forecast period. By devices, it is used with it can be segregated into smartphones, tablets and others. Tablet section is expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period. By region, the market can be divided into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and rest of the world. North America is expected to capture maximum revenue over the forecast period owing to greater awareness about mPOS coupled with increasing innovations in this area. Europe is projected to follow North America regarding income generation. Asia Pacific is expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period owing to rising demand from India & China.
Learn more Full Market Insight Details here: Mobile Point of Sale (mPOS) Systems Market Report
The global Microwave Oven Market size is expected to reach USD 12.70 billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to witness a sluggish growth in North America and Europe as microwaves have entered the mature stage of the product life cycle.
Majority of the revenue is generated from the section of population exhibiting willingness to spend on premium kitchen appliances. Changing lifestyles of people, especially the working class, have increased the popularity of frozen and ready-to-eat packaged foods which has positively impacted market growth.
Inclination towards the use of traditional cooking equipment can be viewed as a hindrance for microwave ovens’ adoption, especially in developing countries. High electricity consumption and the costs associated with it are expected to challenge industry growth, which has led to manufacturers developing energy efficient microwaves.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Convection ovens accounted for over 45% of the market share in 2014, which can be primarily attributed to their ability to cook food faster. In addition, these microwave ovens facilitate the cooking of multiple items simultaneously. Vegetables, cookies, roasted meats and cookies can be effectively prepared in a convection microwave oven. Grill ovens also contributed to a significant portion of the market revenue. Increased emphasis on healthy eating habits has propelled the demand for grill ovens as they are used for roasting food in a very short duration.
- Household microwave ovens contributed to over 60% of the overall revenue in 2014. Demand for household oven primarily originates from the working segment owing to quicker food preparation times. A surge in the establishment of hotels and fast food centers has favorably impacted microwaves’ adoption in commercial applications as they enable the serving of a large volume of food in shorter durations.
- Built-in microwaves have gained prominence over the last few years owing to their compact nature which facilitates their accommodation in modular kitchens. They also enhance the aesthetics of the kitchen as they can fit in a wall or a cabinet, thereby offering some counter free space in the kitchen. Counter-top microwaves are available in various sizes and can be installed manually without the need of an expert, owing to which they occupied a majority of the revenue share.
- North America accounted for over 30% of the market in 2014 which can be attributed to high penetration of microwaves across households and commercial establishments. The industry has reached its maturity stage in the U.S. and also several European countries, resulting in a potentially sluggish growth rate over the forecast period. Most of the microwave sales in North America and Western Europe are expected to emerge from customers opting for premium microwaves. The microwave oven industry has substantial growth prospects in the Asia Pacific region as majority of sales are expected to originate from customers purchasing microwaves for the first time.
- Key industry participants include Samsung, LG Electronics, Panasonic, Electrolux, and Galanz. Companies focus on product differentiation and geographical diversification as key strategies to expand their presence and achieve higher market penetration. Manufacturers also emphasize on the development of energy efficient microwaves to lower electricity consumption.
Learn more Full Market Insight Details here: Microwave Oven Report
Global Camera Accessories market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of more than 4% over the forecast period. From memory cards to DSLR lenses and miniature flash sticks, the camera accessories market is propelled to flourish. These accessories help in enhancing image quality by providing special effects along with acting as an add-on or support for a camera.
Increasing adoption of high-end digital cameras across different age groups may fuel demand over the next few years. Camera accessories are primarily used to enhance efficiency, usability, accessibility and usage period of these cameras. Accessories including bags, flashes, cases, USB cables, large viewfinders, comfortable neck straps and durable tripods are in trend these days. They provide add-on support to the cameras, enhances image quality and help in providing countless special effects. For a long time, buyers were of the view that camera manufacturers alone have the capacity to produce accessories that are better compatible with the camera. This scenario is rapidly changing with the availability of standard quality accessories in the wholesale market along with new players venturing into the industry.
Customers are buying DSLRs do not hesitate in buying high range accessories such as battery packs and grips, budget tripod and travel tripod, remote releases, flashguns, softboxes and diffusers, SD cards, lens filter, monitors and color calibrators, which is expected to propel product demand. However, limited option for recently developed Compact System Camera (CSC), regarding accessories may pose a challenge to industry growth over the next few years.
Camera bags are considered an essential accessory. A consumer would want to fit in all other gears, in their backpack. Hence, space and protection are the most important considerations for customers in this industry. Backpacks containing internal dividers that allow segregation of the space inside the bags coupled with straps and lugs on their side for carrying monopod or tripod are important considerations while buying. Consumers also look for bags incorporated with waterproofing and breathable materials along with clasp lock straps which allow securing the backpack around the photographer’s body.
Photographers look for tripods which can support the combined load of their camera and lens. Increasing demand for tripods which are portable and suit their style of shooting may drive growth. Manufacturers emphasize on developing tripods that suit the varied need of photographers.
DSLR users look for separate flashgun units as they are much powerful compared to the ones already incorporated in the camera. Consumers prefer models which are integrated with niceties including LCD screens with backlit, increased focal lens coverage and precise control over the output. Integrated USB port, faster recycling, and less noise are some of the added features to be considered by the manufacturers.
Remote releases which help control camera’s shutter is a must for most professional photographers. Wireless remotes using either infrared (IR) or radio frequency (RF) can work for longer range than wired remotes which have significantly instigated manufacturers to offer products with features such as mirror lock.
In lens filter section, manufacturers have a wide variety to look for starting from UV protection option to multicoated pro-grade option. Manufacturers can vary price range by the number and type of coatings and the kind of optical material used. For example, filters consisting of Matt finish reducing reflections are high priced. The market for lens filters is restrained by the fact that editing software can at times replicate the effects created by the glass filter. However, neutral density and polarizer filters are used by photographers to produce enhanced effects and hence are the prime focus area of manufacturers.
Apart from the accessories as mentioned above, the market for softboxes and diffusers, flash accessories, packs for camera battery and storage are thriving, and the manufacturers may benefit by focusing on these areas.
Learn more Full Market Insight Details here: Camera Accessories Report