The global High Purity Alumina Market is expected to reach USD 6.41 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Substantial demand for the product in plasma displays as it is a cost-effective and an energy efficient substitute for traditional materials including incandescent light bulbs is expected to drive demand. Moreover, growing demand for plasma displays is projected to propel the growth of the market over the forecast period. High purity alumina is an essential base material for artificial sapphire substrates, which are used in numerous electronics.
Growing demand for high purity alumina in niche applications including medical, precision optics and defense is expected to drive demand over the forecast period. Moreover, increasing adoption of LED screen as they provide high-definition images is projected to boost demand for alumina products over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- 4N high purity alumina is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 18.0% from 2016 to 2024. The increasing use of the product in ceramics, smartphones, and batteries on account of its superior electrical insulation, low moisture absorption, and improved thermal conductivity is expected to drive the demand. The product is being widely used to coat ceramic separators in lithium ion batteries.
- Rising demand for lithium ion batteries owing to growth in Electric Vehicle (EV) and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV) is expected to drive the market demand for high purity alumina over the forecast period.
- Sapphire production accounted for over 12.5% of high purity alumina consumption in 2015. Growing investments in sapphire glass production on account of its increasing requirement across a wide array of applications including smartphones, tablets, LEDs and semiconductors is expected to open new opportunities over the forecast period.
- North America high purity alumina demand was 4.31 kilo tons in 2015. The material is being increasingly used in plasma displays as it helps in reducing the overall dimensions of the final product by making it lighter and thinner. A boom in utilities rebate on account of using LED retrofits is expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
- Significant demand for the material from the LED industry owing to growing use of energy efficient lighting in emerging economies including China and India coupled with rising government initiatives to increase the market share of LED lamps and minimize the use of incandescent lamps is projected to augment growth. Abundant raw material availability coupled with adequate manufacturing capabilities has led to relatively lowering production costs.
- Nippon Light Metal is a key market player which manufactures high purity alumina, aluminum metal alloys, industrial parts, metal rolls, capacitor foils and heat exchangers. Baikowski Pure Solutions is involved in producing high purity alumina powders and other fine composites & oxides including YAG, ZTA, ceria, and Spinel. The company has its manufacturing facilities located in Japan, U.S., and France.
Learn more Full Market Insight Details here: High Purity Alumina Market Report