The global Cosmetic Preservative Market is expected to reach USD 458.8 million by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing demand for natural preservatives such as thyme, clove, cinnamon and tea tree coupled with growing awareness for personal hygiene are some of the major factors that augment the growth of the Cosmetic Preservative Market.
The multiplying demand for sunscreens, lotions, and anti-ageing creams in Asia Pacific is also anticipated to positively impact the demand growth over the forecast period. Growing demand for herbal & natural ingredients in cosmetics is expected to drive the demand for organic preservatives.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The phenol derivatives emerged as the leading product segment and accounted for 35.7% of total revenue in 2015.Growing demand for phenoxyethanol used in creams and lotions is spur market growth over the forecast period. The segment is also expected to witness the highest growth of 6.4% from 2016 to 2024.
- Skin & sun care emerged as the leading application segment and accounted for 39.2% of global revenue in 2015. Growing awareness regarding the harmful effects of ultra-violet rays on the skin is expected to spur the Cosmetic Preservative Market growth.
- Cosmetic preservatives demand in toiletries is also expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period. Rising standard of living particularly in Asia Pacific has prompted the demand for toiletries in the recent past which is expected to propel the demand for cosmetic preservatives in this segment.
- Asia Pacific emerged as the leading regional market and accounted for 35.0% of global revenue in 2015. Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth on account of the growing production and demand of cosmetic products.
- New product formulations and demand for herbal & organic ingredients in cosmetics is expected to drive the regional market over the forecast period. Rising economic standards and growing awareness about personal grooming and hygiene are also anticipated to boost the cosmetics market growth which will, in turn, have a positive impact on the global Cosmetic Preservative Market.
- Some leading companies operating in the global cosmetic preservatives market include Lonza Group, The Dow Chemical Company, Ashland Inc., Symrise AG, BASF SE, Clariant AG, Akema Fine Chemicals, Brenntag AG, and Chemipol.