The global silicon wafer reclaim market size is expected to reach USD 577.3 million by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing raw material prices for manufacturing virgin silicon wafers are likely to compel manufacturers to adopt reclaim technologies. Rising demand for the product as test wafers for testing, controlling and monitoring semiconductor fabrication processes is expected to be a key driver for the industry growth. Rising consumer awareness coupled with government focus on renewable energy sector is expected to drive demand for solar PVs, which in turn is expected to have a positive impact on the market over the projected period.
Technological advancements in the reclaiming process to increase yield, improve quality, cut reclaim cycle time and reduce cost is expected to open new avenues for the industry growth. The rapid growth of end-use industries including solar photovoltaic and consumer electronics is likely to propel demand for the product and impact the reclaim industry on a positive note. Competitive pricing trends in the consumer electronics industry have resulted in increased demand for low-cost raw materials, which is likely to open new avenues for the market over the next eight years.
300 mm reclaimed silicon wafers dominated the industry and are projected to grow at a significant share owing to its rising demand for solar cell manufacturing. Higher efficiencies offered by 300 mm wafers than its counterparts including 200 mm and 150 mm wafers are anticipated to offer a competitive advantage for the product market over the forecast period. Solar cell manufacturing is expected to be major application segment for the industry owing to increasing solar PV installations across various parts of the world.
U.S. silicon wafer reclaim market revenue, by product, 2013 – 2024 (USD Millions)
View summary of “Silicon Wafer Reclaim Market Analysis Report” @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/silicon-wafer-reclaim-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- 200 mm reclaimed wafer is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 3.5% owing to its application in integrated circuits used in electronic devices such as smartphones, personal computers, and memory devices. In addition, the growing use of the reclaimed wafer for MEMS circuits and detectors is expected to spiral growth over the forecast period.
- North America market was valued at over USD 75 million in 2015 owing to increasing demand from the solar energy generation industry. In addition, growing demand for economical silicon wafers for use as a base in the semiconductor industry is expected to drive the market growth in the region. Furthermore, substantial planned solar PV installations in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada is expected to drive the demand for reclaimed and virgin silicon wafers.
- Latin America is expected to witness a restrained growth of 3.0% owing to a moderate demand for the product owing to a less established semiconductor industry. However, the demand is expected to be fueled by growing installation of solar power generation equipment due to increasing demand for renewable energy sources.
- Key participants include Nano silicon Inc., Advantec Co. Ltd, KST World Corp, Noel Technologies, Pure Wafer PLC, Rockwood Wafer Reclaim SAS, Silicon Materials Inc, RS Technologies, KEMI Silicon Inc., and Shinryo Corporation.
- Companies are focused on increasing their footprint by backward integrated to the production of wafers and providing the used wafers for reclaim. For instance, Pure Wafer PLC, an America based company deals in the production and sales of test and virgin wafers and is also a provider of the silicon wafer reclaim services.
Request for free sample of “Silicon Wafer Reclaim Market Analysis Report” @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/silicon-wafer-reclaim-market/request