The global agricultural films market is expected to reach USD 13.85 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing population is anticipated to exert pressure on agricultural productivity. These films are used to enhance the productivity and improve crop quality by minimizing soil erosion, providing nutrients, and suppressing weed growth. They are primarily made of polyethylene. Growing consumer disposable income coupled with the rising high-quality crops demand is anticipated to drive the market growth over the forecast period.
Depleting arable land is expected to impact market growth positively over the next eight years. Protective films are placed over soil, covered over greenhouses and wrapped around fodder. Various benefits offered by agricultural films including reducing the risk of seed germination, decreasing soil compaction, raising soil temperature, providing nutrients, and protecting against UV rays. These advantages are expected to raise product demand in near future.
Agricultural films for green house dominated the global demand and accounted for 42.9% of total revenue in 2015. This trend is anticipated to continue over the forecast period on account of rising demand from emerging economies such as China and India.
U.S. agricultural films market revenue, by raw material, 2014 – 2024 (USD Million)
View summary of “Agricultural Films Market Analysis Report” @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/agricultural-films-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global agricultural films market demand 5.15 million tons in 2015 and is expected to reach 8.28 million tons by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2016 to 2024
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) was the major raw material segment in 2015 and is expected to reach a market worth USD 7.29 billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 8.0% from 2016 to 2024. The high growth may be attributed to the growing demand for these films in Asia Pacific.
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% from 2016 to 2024. The high growth may be attributed to their use in agriculture areas with harsh climatic conditions and limited water supply.
- Asia Pacific was the leading consumer and accounted for 70.1% of global revenue in 2015 owing to rising consumer disposable income coupled with favorable government initiatives in the agriculture sector.
- Major companies operating in the global agricultural films industry include AB Rani last Oy, AEP Industries, Al-Pack Enterprises, BASF, Berry Plastic Group, Inc., British Polyethylene Industries PLC, Novamont S.PA, RKW and Triplast Industrier AB.
Request for free sample of “Agricultural Films Market Analysis Report” @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/agricultural-films-market/request